Oct 1, 2009

Dressed Alike


I know in the past I've said that before I got a little dog I would never have thought about putting a dog in clothes, but then I got a little dog and suddenly I was dressing him up all the time. For a very long time though, I told everyone I knew that if I ever got a second little dog, there was no way that I would put them into identical outfits. And everyone I know who owns more than one little dog told me, with a knowing smile, that it was going to happen. Maybe not right away, but it absolutely was inevitable, just wait and see. And up until just a few short weeks ago, I was still holding firmly to the idea that little dogs dressed alike would not only be unfair to the dogs, but really, really sad as well.

And then it happened. I don't know how it did, but it did. A couple of weeks ago the boys went antique shopping one chilly Sunday morning wearing- you guessed it! Identical red and white stripey sweaters! And then yesterday I went shopping for birthday gifts as Bram's first birthday is just a few short weeks away, and lo and behold, I came home with matching bubble vests with fur lined hoods for the cold weather to come. I'm still amazed at myself, but also not-so-secretly thrilled at how cute the two of them look when they're dressed alike. And I'm already thinking ahead to Christmas outfits.

Looking at the bright side of my friends all being right and me being so horribly wrong about this, I guess it's a good thing there were no wagers placed. After all, if I had lost as much as I would have been willing to bet that I'd never do anything as silly as this, I'd have no money left to buy all these darling matching outfits.

2 comments:

Draco and his Mom said...

I LOVE the matching outfits...especially the little coats. I must get something like that for Draco...and when I retire (soon) Draco will be getting a brother, so matching stuff will be in his future also. :)

Victoria said...

And there had best be loads of photos of Draco (and his future sibling too) in adorable outfits for all his fans to ogle. There is NOTHING cuter than a chi dressed to the nines, is there?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin