Feb 25, 2010

Mini Cameras for Pets

The newest geek gadget to come down the pike is the Pet Mini Digital Camera. This is a tiny little camera that your pets can wear around their necks attached to a collar and the camera is kept safe within a sturdy plastic case to prevent breakage. The ad for it reads:

"Just clip the lightweight digital camera to your pet's collar and you'll be able to take up to 40 photos to document their shenanigans. The camera has an auto interval mode that can be set to snap pictures at 1, 5, or 15 minute intervals. At 640 x 480 resolution, the quality isn't too shabby either.

All that's left for you to do is to hook up the camera to your PC or Mac and check out what sort of mischief Rover and Tiddles have been getting up to in your absence. Small and light enough for most cats and dogs."

I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I'd want to see what my hairy children are up to when I'm not around. I've witnessed firsthand what they do when I'm right there in plain sight of them, so it stands to reason that when the alpha female isn't around to keep everyone in line it's got to be far, far worse and I don't think I'm ready to see that.

And besides, I'm pretty sure the majority of the "shenanigans" would involve the cat, who really isn't into rules of any sort. She would either be climbing onto things for which I'd have a heart attack knowing she was climbing onto, or two small dogs would be antagonizing her nonstop (thus sending her climbing once again in a desperate bid to escape). And were the camera to be put around Maia's neck, the photo above is pretty much all we'd be seeing, the only variation being which color the dog was. That and a whole lot of paws, claws first.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin